Since 2006, we have been leading off leash hiking adventures for pups in Cambridge, Back Bay, South End, and eastern Brookline. Our hikes allow your dog the freedom to run, play, explore, socialize, and experience life the way nature intended, coming home as one happy, fulfilled pup.
A Dog's Life founder and photographer Kelly Allen Langadinos offers fun, relaxed, personalized photography sessions for pups all over greater Boston. These sessions capture and celebrate your pup's unique spirit and personality.
We ask a lot of our pups and our busy human world isn't always easy for them. Through our scientifically proven, positive training offerings, we can help your dogs be their best selves and help you enjoy life together to the fullest
We spend our weeks helping dogs live their best lives and think it's truly the best job. Monday-Friday, year-round in all weather we pick up our pup pals from their city homes and drive them to the woods for a structured pack walk to help them experience life the way nature intended. We lead the hikes, reinforcing proper off-leash etiquette and appropriate play to ensure everyone enjoys themselves safely. After the hikes, we return our pups to their homes, happy and fulfilled.
We are passionate about what we do and are looking for a candidate with these skills and attributes:
- hardworking, responsible, reliable
- passionate about working with dogs, interested in a career in the dog world
- experience with dog walking, training, or animal behavior is preferred- a desire to learn more about dog behavior is a must!
- be outdoorsy, we are out in all weather year round!
- own a reliable vehicle large enough comfortably to fit 5 dogs at one time(i.e. suv, station wagon, crossover, etc) - non-negotiable!
- enjoy driving, be comfortable driving in the city, have good navigational/directional skills, and a safe driving record.
- good people, communication, and time management skills.
- ability to work both independently and with others.
- you live within 10 miles from our service area (Boston/Cambridge/Brookline) because the profession requires a decent amount of daily driving and we need to be able to show up for our pups on time in all weather
This is a full time Monday-Friday 9-5 position, year round in all types of weather. Snow, rain, or bright sunshine, our clients count on us to be there for them and their pups!
Salary is paid per number of dogs walked and may vary from $680-$850 a week to start. We offer boarding to our clients as well so if you have a pet friendly home, there is potential for additional income watching pups overnight.
We are looking for someone who loves this job as much as we do, is passionate about being a part of our team, and committed to providing the best experience possible for our clients. Working with dogs off leash requires a lot of training and relationship building so you must be willing to commit to at least a year with our team.
If you think our team is the right place for you, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to include your resume, a cover letter and a list of two references with their contact information.
**The cover letter ought to detail your experience with dogs, the type of vehicle you drive, and your personal qualities. Let us know why you would be a good fit for our growing company.**
We look forward to hearing from you!
Our monthly newsletter offers tips for living life with your pup to the fullest. Featuring a monthly hiking spot, training tips, and healthy living advice